You’re on the road, got a dead battery and subtle dislike for social engagement? Well tough luck.
However, if you were smart enough not to start your drive without jumper cables, or personal jump starter then at least you’ll be able to do something about it (if not, you’re most likely looking at an ideal opportunity for upgrading your social skills, since you’ll be needing strangers, and in possession of those cables in addition).
Chances are you’ll find someone willing to help sooner or later. But what if you are stuck somewhere in the middle of the night without anyone not eve near you? In that case the best possible solution is to have a personal jump starter and if you ask us it should be mini jump starter. These portable jump starters are great device to have because they are compact, easy to handle and confident. Jump-starting process isn’t half as hard to pull out as it perhaps sounds at first. No need to be a tech guru or any king of mechanical expert to do this simple process. Although there are many different kinds of portable jump starters there on market, the way they work is quite similar.
Here’s the simple, working version of how to jump start a car using mini jump starters inspiring confidence unto your mechanical skills.
- Be sure you actually have the drained battery problem and not some other mechanical issue.
- Connect your mini jumper clamps to the device. Make sure you have fully charged jump starter or at least 2/3 full in order to be able to provide your car battery with maximum boost power.
- Take your red jumper cable (or the one with the red clips) and connect it to the positive terminal of your battery (+). Take the black cable (or the one with the black clips) and connect one end with the negative terminal (-).
- Turn the device “ON” by pressing power button (and press “TEST” button on jumper clamps in some models)
- Make sure cables are in no way intertwined. You don’t want any connection between them. Although almost every mini jump starter is build on a Spark-Proof and Reverse Polarity technology and nothing will happen if you accidentally touch clamps or connect them wrong way, you want be able to jump start a car until you connect them right way.
- If needed activate “BOOST” mode by pressing appropriate button on your portable jump starter unit. By activating this mode you will get the most power from the device.
- Having done aforementioned all that is left is to wait 15-20 seconds and start your vehicle. If your battery is simply empty this should do the trick. Once the engine is on disconnect the mini jump starter and keep the engine running in order to recharge the battery.
Here’s a small image to simplify the process for your convenience.
For video sample check out our reviews.
That’s it. With your car running again you’re all set to go.
Thank anyone who was willing to stop and help, and feel proud of your mechanical achievement.