Issues with your car battery are common, and at times they may strike without warning. Below are some of the battery problems that you may encounter.
- Loose terminals, where the connection is weak. It may present itself due to corroded terminals or posts or if the posts get detached from the terminals. Low power to the engine on ignition is a sign of this problem.
- Overused battery, where the battery is past its lifespan. The span for most cells is between 4 and 6 years, after which you need to replace it.
- Extreme weather conditions such as too much heat or cold may also cause the battery to malfunction.
- Short circuits.
- Low fluid level in the battery.
- Long periods of disuse that cause the battery to displace it’s electric charges.
- Alternator problems also may translate to battery problems as it takes over the powering of the car when it is in motion.
Leaving the headlights on is also a battery problem as it drains its charge.