Your truck’s battery can get low anywhere during a long trip. Therefore, you need to be well equipped to avoid frustrations, delays, and troubles whenever you are riding along distant and wild off-road trails. A truck jump starter will be required to add power and restart your diesel engine at the event your vehicle battery gets low.
Additionally, with a jump starter for diesel engines, you can help any other car owner you encounter along your journey. Deciding on the exact size you need for your vehicle may be a great hassle, especially if you are not an experienced diesel-engine vehicles enthusiast.
This article will give you the key features you need to consider when purchasing a jump starter. Additionally, you will find some examples of the best jump starters for diesel engines.
How to choose the best jump starter for diesel?
Most of the jump-starting units come with labels highlighting their specific features. With the flooded market, getting an excellent heavy-duty jump starter for your diesel engine vehicle is a tough hassle. Below are some of the things you need to keep in mind when purchasing a jump starter for your heavy-duty diesel vehicles.
- Size of your vehicle’s engine and power of jump starter: This is one of the key factors to check-in when buying a jump starter because it dictates the amount of power required to start your heavy-duty truck. Some jump starter brands will label both the peak amps and cranking amps while others will give one. Make sure to be keen to choose a jump starter with the highest cranking amps; it becomes handy when you need extended cranking of the engine.
- The physical size of jump starter: The size of jump starters is essential because portability is an important feature. Smaller lithium heavy-duty jump starters are a perfect choice for your truck because you can easily store it in the heavy-duty jump box.
- The climate where you are likely to jump-start mostly: Despite that most of the jump starter feature persevering in extreme climate conditions, some seem to work better than others. The temperature has a significant impact on the performance and lifetime of jump starters. For instance, a lead-acid battery will not effectively output power in cold climates.
- Reverse polarity protection: A good jump starter will have features to keep you safe when jumping your diesel truck. Therefore, when buying a jump starter, make sure to choose one that features reverse polarity protection since jump-starting involves a large amount of power. An excellent heavy-duty jump starter will in short circuit, over current, overvoltage, overload, and overcharge protection.
- Price: Make sure to select a jump starter that does not adversely affect your budget. The price you decide to go for should not mean you buy a poor quality jump starter
- Additional functionalities: Be sure to choose a heavy-duty jump starter that has features additional uses. Modern heavy-duty jump starts will include LCD screens, USB ports, LED lights, radios, wireless charging, and air compressors, among other essential features.
Heavy-duty jump starter for truck: Truck PAC ES6000
Has your vehicle been sitting for long periods? Your truck’s battery must have discharged to low levels that cannot start your diesel engine. This comparatively inexpensive and heavy-duty truck battery jump starter is ideal for bigger diesel engines. It is the solution you need to turn over obstinate diesel engines of heavy-duty trucks effortlessly.
Truck PAC ES6000 is powered by dual high-performance ES series batteries that put out a peak of 3000 Amps for jump-starting power to restart your heavy-duty truck. This product performs excellently even in most extreme situations.
Besides, the two ES series batteries in truck PAC ES6000 can deliver jump-starting power of up to 800 cranking Amps. The ES series batteries feature high output current delivery, numerous jumps per charge, extended cranking power, and long service life meant to give you the best experience with the truck PAC ES6000.
Truck PAC ES6000 comes with 4 54-inch gauge cables, which are long enough for ideal positioning during the jump starting process.
All these cables are terminated with industrial-grade hot jaw clamps to ensure maximum power transfer when jump-starting your heavy-duty diesel engine batteries. The direct current output of 12 volts will perfectly power your truck starting applications without lagging.
Get yourself a heavy-duty truck battery jump starter that is designed with robust components to persevere the harshest and most demanding jump starting environments. Truck PAC ES6000 can perform excellently in temperatures ranging between -20 to 115 degrees Fahrenheit. ES6000 automatically recharges and has battery status LEDs that makes jump starting convenient.
Heavy-duty jump starter: NOCO Boost Max GB500
NOCO boost mac GB500 brings to existence all modernized features you need in an ultra-safe lithium-ion heavy-duty starter. This model is highly powerful and is one of the most innovative heavy-duty jump starters for a diesel truck.
The kit is designed for both 12V and 24V diesel engines to start dead batteries of high-displacement diesel vehicles with no hassle. Nothing you can enjoy like using this compact lithium heavy-duty jump starter that delivers up to 20,000 Amps and has booster potential of 80000 joules to power your vehicle. With NOCO boost mac GB500, you are guaranteed of safety since the jump starter packs with mistake-proof design.
This jump starter features spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection that allows you to connect to your diesel vehicle’s battery safely.
The multitasking features give the GB500 users a distinct advantage. This heavy-duty jump starter is designed to help to restart your high-displacement vehicles and work effectively with other diesel engine appliances such as cars, boats, and mini-vans.
Besides being a jump starter for a heavy-duty diesel vehicle, it has a USB port to charge your devices, and a 2200-lumen LED flashlight with several light modes. It is designed to operate in any climate with temperatures ranging between -30 to +50 degrees Celsius. This jump starter fits well with its content in a GBC016 protective case, and you do not need to remove it since it fully operates while in the casing.
GB500 feature lightweight and is smaller in sizes compared to its peers. It is 8 times smaller and 16 times lighter than its lead-acid comparables.
Jump starter for diesel truck: Jump-N-Carry JNC1224 Jump Starter
Are you looking for a portable unit that features multi-volt charging? No more tarmacking, JNC1224 is what you are looking for. This jump starter for diesel trucks looks like simple devices, but the heavy-duty impact-resistant red casing houses the unimaginable.
You can easily change between voltage settings with JNC1224, which is an excellent choice for bigger diesel engines. In 12V mode, this superior product can deliver 3400 peak Amps starting power and puts out 1700 Amps of jump starting power when switched to 24V mode. JNC1224 comes with a powerful built-in charger that will supply your jump starter with charge throughout the year to ensure it is ever ready for use.
JNC1224 packs with dual 46-inch long, AWG welding gauge cables that make it possible to jump-start your diesel engine truck battery from different positions. Industrial grade hot jaw clamps that come with JNC1224 can penetrate the battery corrosion and transfer power units effectively when jump-starting your diesel truck.
The jump-starting unit packs with two Clore PROFORMER batteries that can produce unparalleled starting power to jump-start trucks. These two batteries feature extended cranking periods and durability.
It is always essential to equip yourself whenever you are driving on distant trails with your diesel trucks. Choosing a jump starter to serve you will vary on reliability and durability on the heavy-duty jump starter. Be sure to make the right choice.