We have reviewed 10 best lithium-ion jump starters there on market and we bring you our impressions combined with customer opinions who used these great portable jump starters and multi-function devices.
If you have experienced an uncomfortable situation when your car or motorcycle battery goes dead and you are in the middle of nowhere or simply don’t have anyone to assist you with jumper clamps and cable, then you definitely have been thinking about having a reliable solution just in your trunk or even better in your glove box.
A compact battery booster box can save your day even if you are not a person who is familiar with the technical side of your car. The reason for that is because this type of small battery jumper is very easy to operate and instructions that came within the portable jump pack are simple and understandable to read. Unlike robust portable car jump starters, who actually deliver more power and are better solutions for heavy-duty vehicles, these small devices can fit in any drawer in your car or motorcycle.
Lithium-ion portable jump starters have many advantages compared to big, heavy regular jump starters including the size and multi-functionality. The truth is that a regular jump starter can produce much more energy to crank the majority of cars batteries, but what if you actually don’t need such a big box in your trunk or you even can’t have it with you if you use a motorcycle. If you need a guide and you don’t know how to use a lithium jump starter you can find a useful guide on How to Jump Start a Car? post on our site. Please read our useful step-by-step instructions and you will have no problems using any of these models as they are fairly similar.
Yes, a motorcycle has is pretty much limited space when we talk about luggage and equipment you can carry, so no way you can even think about having something heavy when you can solve your main issue with the dead battery using lithium-ion jump starters.
These portable jump packs can be your lifesaver especially during cold, winter days while camping, or if you accidentally left your radio or light on and it drains your car battery. Diesel engines can be particularly vulnerable to cold temperatures. That is why we have created a separate list with the best jump starters for Diesel and heavy-duty engines to emphasize those who are currently the best choice on market.
Products listed below were tested and reviews are provided by professional car mechanics and auto dealers. We also did online research (eg. on Amazon, Walmart) on the following products and choose the most popular models to test. Finally, we have built a list of reviews of the best car battery boosters available on the market. Moreover, we make sure that the list is regularly updated with new products.
If you are looking for an ultra-portable as well as compact car battery jump starter pack, you can never go wrong with the GB70 UltraSafe Lithium-ion jump starter. This model is ideal for 12-volt batteries, especially for heavy-duty Diesel engines and you will easily rely on it to safely charge a dead battery within a short time. While at it, you will witness that it prides on a spark-proof technology that is essential in reverse polarity protection. NOCO GB 70 is ideal for up to 6L Diesel as well as for 8L gas engines.
- The GB70 is multifunctional and versatile.
- Its charging capacity of 2000 peak amps is remarkable. For as long as the NOCO Boost is fully charged, you can use for between 20 and 40 battery jump starts.
- Regardless of its small size, you will be sure of consistent performance.
- Its light system comes with a 400-lumen led bulb.
- 1-year guarantee
- High-quality jumper cables and safety features
- Designed in the USA
NOCO Genius Boost GB40 is definitely a device worth having. It is a compact but yet so powerful device. Used as a portable jump starter it can solve your problems related to drained 12V car battery. Also as a multi-function device, it can be used as a power bank. GB40 recharges your smartphone up to four times so it is great to have it when you don’t have a power source nearby.
This advanced technology based on a lithium-ion battery is completely safe to use. No matter if you are professional or not, with this battery booster you will be able to solve the most common car battery problems.
- 1000 peak amps
- The USB cable used to recharge your device
- 12V 2.1A USB Car cigarette lighter charger
- 5v USB port
- High-quality case
- High-quality jump cables
- Safety features
Beatit Black G18 Pro is a must-have for every car owner. We all know how emergencies occur anytime when you are traveling, and you have to stop in the middle of the road because your car won’t start. You don’t have to experience such nightmares on the road because Beatit Black G18 Pro comes at a very low price across stores (e.g. Amazon, Walmart) and is very reliable. It comes with a highly portable compact self-contained battery booster that is capable of starting your car in a few minutes. It is capable of starting any vehicle with a capacity of 8.0L Diesel.
- super powerful lithium jump starter rated at 2000 Peak Amps
- Beatit G18 PRO is small enough to fit in your pockets
- 21000 mAh battery capacity
- fail-proof design that ensures the safety
- USB ports
- LED light
- wireless charger
- Beatit G18 Pro can tolerate temperatures as low as -25 degrees and as high as 60 degrees
- Safety features
BETIT 2200Amp QDSP car jump starter is one of the best car battery jump starters in the current market and definitely one of the most powerful for heavy-duty Diesel engines. Having used it for a couple of months now I would recommend it as the first option to anybody looking to buy a car jump starter. As a power bank, this model is powerful enough to supply small house devices.
- 2200 Amps Peak
- Its price is quite fair when you compare the value you are getting.
- It is one of the best jump starters for diesel and works for cars, ATV, UTV, snowmobiles, motorcycles, lawnmowers, and yachts.
- It’s made from durable material ensuring it lasts quite a long time.
- Easily portable.
- 110 Volt output for small house devices.
- USB port
- Advanced lithium-ion QDSP (Quick Discharge Start Power) battery chip technology makes it the most powerful lithium jump starter.
- Safety features
Tacklife T8 performs beyond what it promises. Since I bought the jump starter, things have been easy for me when jumpstarting my car. It is powerful enough to start my SUV. As an outdoor person, there are cases where the car battery goes low when we are in the middle of the jungle. The ability of the jumpstart to keep enough charge makes things easy. At first, I was referred to the product by a friend. He has a diesel truck, and the Tacklife jump starter has never let him down.
- 1200Amps peak
- 18000 mAh battery capacity
- Fair price for great quality
- Easy to handle and compact design
- USB port for charging smartphones and other gadgets
- Safe to use
If you are looking for a portable car jump starter with versatile performance, then an Imazing jump starter is the best option. It can jump-start your vehicle and also help in charging your phone.
The versatile performance of the jump starter is worth the value of your money. Keep in mind that it comes with a highly padded carrying case to protect the gadget from mechanical damage.
- Battery Life 1000 plus cycles
- Convenient storage and transportation
- 18000mAh Capacity
- 2000A (Up to 10L Gas or 8L Diesel)
- LCD Smart Clamp
- 8 Advanced Safety Protection Technologies
- LED Flashlight
- Dual USB Output Ports
- Quick Charge 3.0, 5v/2.1A
Micro-Start XP-10 from Antigravity Batteries we can for sure say that this amazing mini car battery jump starter is a device every cars owner should have. It is made in the USA and has a 3-year warranty which is another great recommendation. It comes in a perfectly organized case with so many different detachable tips you can use to recharge almost any electrical device. We tested it on a 3.2L Diesel engine and it worked like a charm because it can provide boost power of up to 600 peak amps. So if you had problems with jump-starting Diesel engines or you want to get rid of these massive, heavy battery jump starters you used for this purpose then we highly recommend Micro-Start XP-10!
- Jump-Start Diesels up to 7.3L, and gas engines.
- 18 000 mAh capacity available to charge smartphones and tablets
- Can charge almost any electronics: 19 Volt Laptops, 12V Devices, two USB 5V Devices
- USB ports
- LED light
- Lightweight at only 18 oz, and compact
- Dimensions: 9 inch x 3 inch x 1.25 inch
The Beatit jump starter went above and beyond my expectation of what a mini jump starter could do. Although it does have a few minor drawbacks, I would recommend it to anyone who needs to jump-start a medium auto battery, or for anyone who needs a backup battery jumper to carry in their car. Don’t expect this relatively small battery booster to jumpstart heavy-duty Diesel engines of 8l, but rather be confident that it will help if you have gas or small diesel auto. Hopefully, my mini jump starter review will help you to make an informed decision.
- 800 peak Amps
- The Beatit jump starter weighs slightly more than a pound, and it’s small enough to fit in my glovebox with plenty of room leftover.
- I needed a mini jump starter that could jump a big 5.4 Liter V8.
- I like that it has USB ports to charge devices in the event of an emergency or being stranded in the middle of nowhere. It also has a built-in compass and an LED flashlight that can be set to flash SOS.
- It comes with a two-year warranty, which is a good amount of time to have a product ensured.
- The price is really good compared to some other models on the market. Check the button below to see the current price on Amazon.
DBPOWER is one of the most powerful lithium jump starters. It also comes with an informative user manual that will help you learn how to operate it. The jumper cables are designed to offer your battery protection from excess current and short-circuiting. The 600 amps peak current makes this model one of the best lithium-ion jump starters. Can jump-start vehicles with big car engines. A single charge can be used to charge a battery up to 20 times. Don’t forget to adhere to the instructions provided by the manufacturer to avoid damaging your battery or the jump starter itself.
- Able to provide 600 amps peak current
- 18000mAh capacity (can charge small devices such as smartphones or iPads)
- can charge a 5.2L diesel and 6.5L gas engine up to 20 times with one single charge.
- USB port
- a three-year warranty
- LCD Screen and Compass
- Smart Charging Port
Not only it did jump-start my car and recharged several electronics during the test this portable jump starter has the best customer support on the market! These guys from Brightech are awesome!
They stand fully behind this product and with a 3-year satisfaction guarantee, you will be completely sure you are purchasing the good stuff. However, we will have to say something we didn’t like and that is the battery capacity of 10.000 mAh. For example, PBJS12000R has 12.000 mAh and nearly the same other characteristics but again not so good quality. So it is up to you and your needs.
- Capacity 10 000 mAh
- Lithium-ion battery with 400 Amp peak (powerful enough to revive V6 and Diesel engines)
- Black cable with 8 different detachable parts
- The white USB cable also with different detachable tips used to fit all 5 Volt USB-chargeable devices
- The standard home charger used to recharge this mini jump starter either with 110v or 220v outlets
- weight 14 oz
- LED flashlight
We were not left disappointed using JNC660 that’s for sure. It did his job pretty well. Jump started an 8l diesel truck with ease. We were satisfied with almost every feature of this portable jump starter. Power is remarkable (425 cranking amps and 1700 peak amps) and it is quality made. Compared to mini jump starters it has some cons. For example, this model is much bigger and heavier so it has to go into the trunk and the glove box is too small for this big fellow. It has no
USB outlet not flashlight like most of the mini jump starters. This fact makes it specialized for 12V accessories and a function of a jump starter. This is not so bad, in fact, this means it is specialized to be jump starter and it does his function pretty good.
- 1700 Peak Amps
- 46-inch long jumper cables
- voltmeter (jumper battery status)
- 20 lbs weight
- Clore PROFORMER removable battery inside
- Durable and high-quality jump cables
- Built-in Automatic Charger
#12 Bolt Power D28
No matter if used as a power bank or a jump starter this small but yet so powerful device will meet all your expectations. It has been tested on the V6 engine as a jump starter and did a good job by starting our Toyota several times. As a power bank with a capacity of 13600mAh, this device is a must-have for those who use gadgets and other electronics especially in situations when there is no power source nearby (e.g. camping, hiking, traveling..)
Be sure you have Bolt Power filly charged as you may need it in emergency situations. It can be recharged in a car using a cigarette lighter or just plug it into a socket in your home.
Details about a product:
- 13,600 mAh power bank with (12V / 16V / 19V) DC output
- key switch to choose different voltages
- LED indicator showing the status, 8-in-1 laptop adapters fitting for various brands of laptops.
- Super bright LED flashlight with three modes (High, Strobe, and SOS)
- Dual USB output offers 1A & 2.1A delivers the fastest charging speed.
- 400 Amp Peak can start a dead car battery up to 15 times with a single charge
- dimensions: 6.5 x 1.5 x 3 inches
#13 Micro Start XP-1
Micro-Start XP-1 is a defiantly amazing product. It has been tested as a jump starter on our 3.5l V6 truck and worked great. Also as a power bank for a Laptop and iPhone, it worked like a charm! Have it in your backpack when you go for a road trip or camping to prevent all drained battery problems. What we liked especially are their size and weight. It is so tiny it can easily fit under a motorcycle seat or in a glove box in your car. It is safe to use as it is built on advanced Reverse polarity technology. It is made in the USA and you get a 3-year warranty on this product.
- 12000 mAh capacity of backup power
- Output for almost any device: 19V Laptops, 12V Devices, and USB Devices
- LED Flashlight with ultra-bright steady beam mode + two flash patterns
- Lightweight and Compact: 15 oz and fits in your glove box or backpack
- Top Quality design,
- Quality and safety features
- Lithium-ion battery
We liked it from the first time we saw it as it came in the handy case among many different detachable tips. Beautifully design with rubber finish makes it ergonomic and easy to handle. So small it can fit your back pocket but yet so powerful it can jumpstart a car. It’s been tested on a 3.5l V6 engine with a fully drained battery and it worked with no problem. Reaching 400 peak Amps, PBJS12000R from PowerAll very is a useful device either to jumpstart a car or your motorcycle as it easily fits under your seat. Multi-function Ultra-bright flashlight is a great add-on for emergency situations. We used it as a power bank for iPad and cell phones
and it also proved himself in the best possible way. What we liked very much is that it is possible to simultaneously recharge two devices.
- 400 Peak Amp Mini Jump Starter
- Battery Capacity 12,000 mAh
- Anti-Voltage Feedback Prevention
- Dual USB Charging
- Ultra-Bright LED Flashlight
Comparison Table[ninja_tables id=”819″]
Are jump starters safe?
The fact is that everyone cares about safety!
That is why in every review we pay attention to this sphere of product quality. All of these portable jump starters we chose to review have high safety precautions bit we would like to emphasize one we liked the most and it is NOCO GB70 and GB40. This portable jump starter has some disadvantages like battery capacity (only 6400 mAh for GB40) or luck of accompanying equipment but when it is about safety it slightly over his competition. Like any other portable jump starter we reviewed it is built on advanced technologies such as Spark-Proof technology, Over-charge, and Reverse Polarity but what we liked was his extremely durable housing and the fact it is waterproof.
So if you are skeptical about safety while using these Lithium jump starters we ensure you that they are completely safe to use!
If you are still in a dilemma what type of lithium jump starter to choose, remember what your main needs are and let them guide you. For example, if you have a gasoline car even up to V8 and you want to use a jump starter box just to jump-start a car in emergency situations then every single one of these we reviewed and mentioned will do the trick for you. On the other hand, if you want to use it also as a power bank when you go camping or hiking we recommend Beatit G18 PRO, Beatit D11, PowerAll PBJS12000R or Brightech SCORPION. These are great power banks because of great capacity and miscellaneous equipment. For those who own Diesel motors, we suggest you go for GB70, QDSP 2200 Amps, or JNC660. Any of these mentioned will do the trick and boost your car battery.
If you are looking for the most powerful portable car jump starter than check out the other post in our blog.